Monday, March 16, 2009

264 Tough Weekend.

Saturday I worked on my basement for most of the day. I finished the landing and probably 50 sq feet of the big room. Lots of cutting. When I had had enough of that I took Erich over to the bike shop and Ryan spent some time fitting him to his new Scalpel. The thing looks weird. Any bike he rides looks weird. The seat post is through the roof and then it has a riser neck as well. His torso is just too short to fit very well. His torso would fit a medium and his legs would best fit on an XL. Anyhow he is now set. Once Lacrosse is over he will start riding more often. Saturday night we went over to the in laws. It was Susan's dad's 75th birthday. We had a big meal of Steak and potato's. I had half a steak which was probably 2 to 3 times as bigger than what I should eat. I did my best not to go over board. No cake or ice cream.



Sunday I had to go to work for a few hours to get caught up. Then I treated myself to some more tile. I laid another 50 sq feet in the big room and called it. Erich and I went and rode Corner canyon that afternoon. I figured since Erich had not been on a bike since September he would have no cycling fitness. I was wrong. He tells me he never used his granny gear and felt really good. I have no idea because I never saw him again after the start of BST going north. I rode BST up to Corner Canyon road and then the top of Ghost falls and rode back down CC and up to the equestrian center where I ran into the Hypio's. They were out doing a road ride. Erich went over Corner Canyon to Clark's and then turned back and went down Ghost Falls. He said it was muddy and technical. I expected him to be covered in mud. He was a bit muddy but not too bad. I guess he had to walk through a few patches of snow.




I am going to have to rethink my maximum heart rate. I hit 184 going up corner canyon. I though my max was around 178. In the past 3 years I have never hit 180 and in the past two weeks I have been over 180 a couple of times. Weird. Lose weight and your heart beats faster? I guess so. That or my Garmin is not reading things right.

The dog in the above picture is my old field trial dog Splash. She is 12. I have a shoe box full of ribbons that she won. Definitely the best dog I have ever owned. The painted toe nails are my Daughters idea of a good jab at me. Painted toe nails on a hunting dog. Just not right. I think Splash is humiliated.
This made me laugh today.



No comments: