Friday, April 3, 2009

253. I bailed hard this morning.



I started out my morning making lunch for Lyssa and you know what the Doritos were just too much for me today. So far I have had a hand full of Doritos and a Big Steak Breakfast Burrito from Del Taco plus 2 cups of coffee and some creamer. I do not think I will go completely nuts but I have started to slide down the slippery slope.


We are headed down to the Cholla tonight. Since I have decided to eat I think that I may even ride in the beginner 40 plus class. If the Clydesdale's are only doing one lap then I will hit the big class. At 254 I am still 34 lbs over the weight minimum. Sunday Boo and I are going to go ride Gooseberry. It will be the first time he has ever ridden slick rock and the first time I have ever ridden the Goose. Somehow he still just makes me too nervous when we ride anything near cliffs so I have stayed away from Moab. From what I understand this will probably scare the crap out of me. You know the typical 14 year old who has the attention span of a gnat? Well that is him. When he was about 8 we were riding on a bike path that had a raised wooden section. It was about 3 feet off the ground and about 4 or 5 feet wide. Well he rode right off the edge on one of the turns. I asked him what happened and he said he was looking at his foot and just went off the edge. Lucky for him it was just soft wet goo where he went over. No harm other than some muck stuffed in the helmet vents.



I will probably still diet next week but I was off the program starting Tuesday so this is not the end of the world. I lost 29 lbs in the last 35 days. I will keep posting my weight on all of my blog entries and hopefully I will have some cool photos from the race and Gooseberry.

No comments: